What are GANs?
This page is structured as follows:
- The first slideshow is the slide deck teaching the important concepts for this entire topic.
- The follow activities are supplementary activities that kids should complete to reinforce these important concepts.
These activities are listed in the order we suggest you follow.
- Links: Script & Slides
- Suggested Length: 1 hour
- Description: In this module, students learn about a new kind of AI that generates art. Students participate in an activity around classifying colors and generating new colors. We use this analogy to discuss classifying algorithms vs generative algorithms, and discuss generative AI techniques. We introduce GANs as one such generative technique. Students witness many instances of GAN generated art in the GANs or not activity. Now that students have learned what GANs can make, they are now set up to learn how GANs work in the next module.
- Link: GANs or Not Slides
- Pre-Reqs: “What are GANs?” Main Slides
- Suggested Length: 10 min
- Tech Dependencies: Google Chrome
- Key Concepts: GANs
- Group Reqs: None
- Description: Students identify whether or not various entities were generated by a GAN.